The University of Arizona Police Department- Information Technology Support Analyst, Senior
The University of Arizona Police Department is currently offering a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an IT Support Analyst, Senior. The successful candidate enjoys learning new things, solving technology related problems, and prioritizes resolution of high priority issues. As an integral member of the UAPD IT team, you will perform a wide range of computer and networking duties to support our current and growing IT needs. You must have a passion for customer service with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with all department employees, as well as with peer agency constituents.
May work varied schedule to support 24/7 Law Enforcement Operations, but may require a flexible schedule depending on department need. This position is for an afternoon-evening shift with a possibility of working on a Saturday or Sunday.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
• Gathers, analyzes, interprets and presents information technology and business information for strategic planning and/or operational purposes. Researches current and emerging technologies and makes recommendations regarding the purchase of hardware and software.
• Installs, configures, administers, monitors and/or supports the unit\‘s data and voice networks including client connectivity, authorization and authentication mechanisms. Identifies user networking needs. Optimizes unit\’s network availability and performance.
• Conducts user software needs analysis and plans, designs, analyzes, implements and maintains applications systems solutions.
• Conducts user database needs analysis and plans, analyzes, designs, develops, maintains and administers automated databases. Optimizes database performance.
• Documents and analyzes complex business systems and processes. Identifies user information technology needs. Designs, revises, optimizes and implements systems to meet unit needs.
• Installs, configures and maintains workstation hardware, software and peripherals. Evaluates workstation support needs; plans and implements maintenance, upgrades and training programs. Resolves workstation computer hardware/software problems.
• Implements and monitors computer security and quality assurance procedures. Maintains associated required documentation.
• May manage projects of limited scope or portions of large/complex projects. May guide technical staff on a project basis.
• Works with proprietary law enforcement/public safety software & networks (NCIC, ACIC, ACJIS, CopLink, Hexagon, BEAST, DIMS).